Bankruptcy and Restructuring
Bankruptcy and restructuring practice has been one of our major focuses since the outset of our firm in 1990.
We advise clients in all types of bankruptcy and restructuring matters in Japan.
Our attorneys have first-hand knowledge of the cultural, regulatory and legal landscapes in such various industries as construction, entertainment, financial services, health care, manufacturing, real estate, retail, technologies, and transportation.
We have provided full-range of legal services to borrowers/debtors, lenders/creditors, and other parties concerned in restructuring.
Whether the financial distress relates the client itself, its customer, or other parties, we are ready to provide personalized and efficient assistance to the client.
Our experience in this practice area includes:
- Representing financially troubled businesses in bankruptcy and reorganization proceedings before courts in Japan
- Representing clients in debt restructuring, debt consolidation or alternative financing arrangements
- Assisting clients in the acquisition of assets from insolvent enterprises
- Advising on contingency planning, distressed financing and rescheduling and distressed acquisitions/sales
- Acting as bankruptcy trustee or court-appointed receiver for distressed businesses and conducting asset liquidations
We have capabilities to play active roles in a growing number of cross-border bankruptcy and restructuring through our extensive experience in such area and coordination with law firms and professionals in other countries.