Bankruptcy and Restructuring
Bankruptcy and restructuring has been a core practice area for our firm since its establishment in 1990.
We advise domestic and overseas clients in all types of bankruptcy and restructuring matters in Japan.
Our attorneys have first-hand knowledge of the cultural, regulatory and legal landscapes in such industries as construction, entertainment, financial services, health care, manufacturing, real estate, retail, technologies, and transportation.
We provide the full-range of legal services to borrowers/debtors, lenders/creditors and other parties with interests in restructurings.
Whether the financial distress relates to the client itself or to its customer or another party with whom it interests, we are ready to provide personalized and efficient assistance to the client.
Our experience in this practice area includes:
- Representing financially troubled businesses in bankruptcy and reorganization proceedings before courts in Japan
- Representing clients in debt restructuring, debt consolidations or alternative financing arrangements
- Assisting clients in the acquisition of assets from insolvent enterprises
- Advising on contingency planning, distressed financing and distressed acquisitions/sales
- Acting as bankruptcy trustee or court-appointed receiver for distressed businesses and conducting asset liquidations
We have capabilities to play active roles in the growing number of cross-border bankruptcy and restructuring matters through our extensive experience in such area and coordination with law firms and professionals in other countries.